Saturday, January 17, 2015

You Oughta Know About...

Happy Saturday friends! I'm excited to join Jasmine again from Buzzing With Mrs. McClain for another month of...
This month I think you oughta know about VolunteerSpot. I have a fabulous group of techified parents this year, and use VolunteerSpot to organize Friday afternoon help.

Creating a free account is easy. Simply click on create new sign up when you're ready to begin.

Customize the sign up to best fit your needs. I need Friday afternoon help, so I always choose multiple days. I choose not to have participants see who else has signed up.

Enter your information and what information you want from parents.

Now you're ready to create dates and times.


You're able to add new "spots" to whatever dates you choose.

At this stage, you're now ready to invite participants in a variety of ways.

I've always preferred a shareable link that can be sent in an email.

Another great feature of Volunteer Spot is choosing what updates you receive and how often. Participants can get a reminder email when it's close to their volunteer sign up date.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great website idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great for organizing my Mystery Readers. Thanks for sharing.
    http://anchoredinlearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I had never heard of this website before. Our new administrators are trying to get more parents involved in our school and in the classrooms, and this tool would be great. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love this!!! I will need to sign up so my parent volunteers know when I have spots and days available for them to come in. This is seriously awesome!

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. My school is trying to get more parents involved and this would certainly make it much easier for us teachers to manage! Thanks for sharing:)

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad y'all found some useful information!

    ReplyDelete