Saturday, August 3, 2013

New Orleans Vacation

Call me crazy, but I can officially say I'm ready to return to school. I can't wait to get back into my classroom and prepare for my new group of students. Don't you just love the excitement and anticipation of a new school year?
Last week I had a fabulous vacation in New Orleans! It was the perfect girls trip filled with lots of food, laughter, walking, and the occasional hurricane. I'm fairly convinced I ate my weight in po'boys during our stay.
It was a beautiful Saturday in Jackson Square!


The main fire fountain at Pat O'Briens. Pat O's is a must visit while in New Orleans.

St. Louis Cathedral. 

During our trolley tour we were lucky enough to pass by a movie being made at one of the many beautiful homes in the Garden District.
I wonder what yummy foods the actors ate?

The house was mainly covered up and the trolley driver picked this moment to haul it down the street.

We'd never be allowed to decorate trees like this in Texas.
The gorgeous view from my hotel balcony. 

Delicious monkey bites for dessert from Copper Monkey Bar and Grill; they're beignets with banana glaze in the middle. These were worth every calorie!



No comments:

Post a Comment