Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Final Countdown

I feel horrible for not blogging more lately! Every year I forget how much can happen between the end of March through the end of May. This afternoon I was able to see more light at the end of the tunnel when I switched our calendar.
What happened to this school year?! I feel like there's still so much to teach and do with my minis with only five weeks left. 
There's been lots going on I've been intending to blog about, but time seems to have just got away from me.I'll share a couple of exciting things that's been happening in and out the classroom.
Earlier this month students displayed some amazing work with our landmarks project. Seeing those landmarks always gives me the travel bug to visit new and familiar places. 
Peek-a-boo!

Yellowstone National Park

One of my favorites every year; the Golden Gate Bridge.
Meet Sasha our new guinea pig! A student of mine last year ended up being allergic to Sasha, so she joined our class a few weeks ago. She's oh so sweet and cuddly. Sasha must love science and math; this is when she is most vocal.
To celebreate National Poetry Month, we've been in a poetry creating frame of mind. I've been impressed with the quality of writing and attention to detail the minis have shown lately.To create these spring acrostic poems, we integrated a little technology with Read Write Think.

 
I don't post many personal things, but last week I reached a milestone. I celebrated my two year anniversary with Crossfit!
Crossfit has been one of the most challenging and rewarding things I've done for myself. I won't even lie to y'all some days I just want to quit and go home to sit and eat. Two years ago I would've never imagined the positive changes I'd make. 
Hopefully I'll get a chance to blog more next week!



1 comment: