Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Classroom

My oh my teaching isn't for the faint of heart! Two days in and it's all a rush right now. I finally was able to get my classroom organized enough to take some pictures today!

I originally had my sign in set up inside the classroom in front of the calendar for supply drop off last week. I looked around my hallway and decided I liked the area set up outside the classroom much better.

Our school wide them this year is stars. Silly me I forgot to get a picture of the entire bulletin board, bleh! Instead of using traditional letters I used the monogram art from Schoolgirl Style


The view directly from the door. 

I decided to get rid of my desk this year. I have no regrets in doing so it's freed up valuable learning space for my students. Ignore the messy table but note my fabulous new Vera Bradley teacher bag which I've discovered holds a TON! I can't wait to use it when I travel.
I got these adorable free printables from Sweet Rose Studio. I'm still finding a new home for some of the junk sitting on top of my cabinets and shelves. I was originally going to make cupcake liner poms for each group but to be honest I just got lazy and didn't want to do it. :) 


Our calendar area.

On the first day we went over class rules and expectations which become a contract. We discuss what a contract is and possible consequences for not keeping your promise. Everyone signs their name and this is displayed all year.


Boggle cupcake style! Freebie letters from an amazing seller on TPT.



Supplies used the most in our class easily accessible for students. I jazzed up this shelf with wrapping paper, Mod Podge, and ribbon.This shelf used to be just a "cutesy" holding area but I wanted to make it more functional and have a purpose.

I'm excited to try Noggle this year! To start I'm going to have my students do simple two digit addition then work up to higher sums as the year goes on.


Sweet Treats is a class favorite already! Our class goal is to earn 10 compliments for a sweet treat as a reward! 

These hand signals have been working great so far. After modeling and practicing these with students they starting to use them saving so much time with no interruptions. 

Part of our class library. I was on a mission all summer break to find the perfect baskets. Slowly but surely all of them will be the nice new purple I found at Dollar Tree. 

Our class guinea pig, Ricky Bobby. He has the easy job of sleeping and eating. 

I may be obsessed with this cupcake duct tape I found at Michaels.

I created these cupcake themed writing process posters as a power point in Google Drive. 



4 comments:

  1. I really like your cupcake themed classroom!!
    Connie Anderson:)
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. You organized your classroom beautifully, thank you so much for sharing these awesome pictures
    Great Job
    Get Unique Essays Written Service

    ReplyDelete
  3. After watching these pictures i have to say that your class room is brilliant and neat and clean :)
    I like it
    Thanks for sharing
    Get Essay Written for Me

    ReplyDelete