Saturday, August 10, 2013

New Door Stop

Last year I had a constant dilemma with the class door stop. Either it had found it's way hidden behind something when needed or it would bend out of shape and take forever to stay put, ugh! I've seen lots of cute door stop ideas using bricks or a rain boot, but worried that would be too heavy and bulky for smaller hands to handle easily. 
While out and about shopping for school supplies today, inspiration hit in Hobby Lobby. I could spend all day in that store! I had to remind myself I was on a mission for only a few specific things.

This door stop was super easy and inexpensive to make. I originally intended to use a clear can as my base, but the black zebra complimented the sparkly pink so well I was hooked.
I was undecided at first about using the pink vinyl or pink sparkly sticker at first. I can't resist sparkles, so it won in the end. The letters and stickers I purchased at Michael's. When I got home I noticed one side of the handle was giving me some difficulty so I secured it with a dot of hot glue.


 I put a few bags of accent gems in the can to give it some weight. The gems were purchased cheaper at Dollar Tree. I may go back and layer with different colors to give it some extra oomph.

Five minutes later my new door stop is complete and ready to go! I can't wait to take my new creation to school when I start setting up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment