Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It

Happy Monday everyone! I realized today my summer break is drawing to an end, eek! I have a little over 3 weeks before I go back to school for staff development. I don't know about you, but I always like going back a few days early to get a head start on my classroom.

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for my first Monday Made It post! I've seen this linky pop up on my Bloglovin news feed, and decided it was time to participate.
Have you seen the super cute library paint sticks on Pinterest? Last year I had a system in place for students to remember which basket to return class books too but it didn't last long. My minis used numbered clothespins to clip onto baskets which worked great for a couple of weeks, then the clothespins were constantly breaking ugh!
Here's everything I used for the library paint sticks.
I got the paint sticks for free from Home Depot. The holes were drilled in the sticks by a sweet employee. Shout out to my local Home Depot for being so helpful to me! The cupcake numbers are a freebie from Twinkl Printable Resources on TPT that I laminated to make them last. I already had the spray paint.
I laid out the paint sticks outside and sprayed to even coats of paint on each side. Thankfully no spray paint got on me, clothes, or the sidewalk yay!
I kicked up my heels in the lovely ac while I waited for it all to dry. At first I was concerned the red would be too bright, but I was pleased with the end result. I love how the red pops. The cute polka dot ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby.
Side note: Some of the sticks I went back and sprayed again for a more even color.

Voila! This was an easy peasy affordable craft. I can't wait for these to get used! Don't forget to link up with your own Monday Made It and join the fun. 







6 comments:

  1. Aww, those are great! Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! In a couple of weeks some teacher friends and I are going to have a Pinterest party and this is the idea I'm going to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing idea! Did the paint sticks already have holes in them to string the ribbon through? I think I will do this! Thanks for posting!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I sweetly asked about having holes drilled in them at Home Depot and said I would pay for them. They should drill holes in them for free.

      Delete