Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Liebster Award

Happy Tuesday y'all! Today has been a whirlwind of a day! During conference time today I checked my personal email on my phone and learned I've been nominated a Liebster Award!
Thank you Colleen from Literacy Loving Gals for considering me! The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. I got a nomination for this award earlier this year by my blogging buddy Angela from Southern Fried Teachin but never wrote my post! Shame on me I know. School and person craziness combined with being sick didn't work out in my favor. I'm just so glad people take time to read my little slice of the teacher bloggy universe!

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging? 
I started my blog in June 2013. I had been blog stalking for a couple of years and loved seeing all the pictures, creativity, and passion from other bloggers. Teaching like any profession isn't perfect, but I can honestly say I LOVE what I do. I decided to take the plunge and start sharing my teaching ideas. There's something so recharging being connected with other teachers who share you commitment and excitement. 

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Authenticity. What you see is what you get. Sometimes I ramble in a post. Sometimes the grammar and punctuation aren't perfect. These things are fine with me. My goal is to always keep it real whether it's through a blog post or face to face. We're all unique and one of a kind teachers, so I think our blogs should reflect that as well.

3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?
Since I still consider myself a blogging newbie I'm not too sure. I will say though I wish I'd gotten a custom blog design from day one. 

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
I love to travel! I've always enjoyed visited new places and trying new things. My two favorite places to visit are New Orleans and San Francisco. 

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
My goal is one post per week, so about 1-2 hours. One of my favorite weekend activities is scrolling through my Bloglovin feed.

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Oh man this is a tough question. I love seeing pictures of classrooms and students working together. I also love reading about linky parties. 

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from my day to day classroom experiences. I love using technology in the classroom, so I also get some inspiration to share when I try a new app with the minis.

8.Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
My favorite posts are the ones I've written after attending an EdCamp because I always learn something I think is amazing and can't wait to share it.

9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponed it for a while now?
Definitely! I had these grand plans of doing a blog post about organization with materials from Dollar Tree and how I rotate math station. Maybe one day I'll actually get them finished.

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Two things: I love how blogging keeps me excited about teaching, and I love when you connect with another blogger and it's like y'all have been buddies for the longest time.

11.Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself? 
This is so not teaching related, but Colleen mentioned boxing on her post. I'd probably fail hard at boxing but I'd love to try it one day!

Whew! That was a mouthful. Here are my nominations:
1. Chantelle from Little Learners
2. Natalie from Tales From Miss D
3. Alexis from Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who
Quick side note: There are supposed to be 11 nominations, but I've searched high and low for almost two hours! There are lots of fabulous bloggers who have already been nominated.

The rules for accepting a nomination:
*Insert drum roll here*

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).

3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers.  Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.

4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.

5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! 


2 comments:

  1. I loved learning more about you, Princess! I do feel as if though we've been buddies for a long time, since I see you everyday on Instagram. ;) Thanks for being an inspiration!
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination! I enjoy seeing what your post on Instagram!

      Delete