Thursday, February 6, 2014

100th Day of School!

Despite the cold weather, today ROCKED! The 100th day of school is one of my favorite days hands down. It's a close second only to pajama day. I came to school armed and ready in my blinged out 100th day shirt and breakfast in hand. Part of me expected out of control craziness, but I was pleasantly surprised. Today was honestly a perfect day of learning and laughing. Here's a peek into the second grade greatness today.
Last year I had an aide who graciously stayed one day after school and made this. Thankfully it held up for use again this year. I searched high and low for the 100 cut outs but haven't been able to find them since last year; now I regret not buying more when I had the chance.
There were a total of 9 rotating stations. 
Up first was 100 drops of water. We made it all day with no spills, yay! Get your own copy of this freebie from Sarah's First Grade Snippets.


One of the favorites today was building a 100 cup structure. The minis really got into this one. It was interesting to see some of the strategies used. 

Timber!

They finally got a sturdy cup structure.

Some kids have huge hopes and dreams for $100, while others are already thinking of the future ahead.

Future financial advisor? :)
What we thought would just be a dusting of snow started picking up speed the closer we got to lunch and recess. We took a break in our activities to go outside and get a closer look at the snow. Trust me, this was more than enough snow by Texan standards. Brrr!
No 100th day celebration would be complete without glasses! I originally wanted the 100 cut outs that were used in the door decoration, but ran across these Scholastic ones on Pinterest. You can't beat free!
I introduced a QR code scavenger hunt. There were 10 clues which asked students to name 10 specific things based on what number they were on. The station worked, but I'm considering cutting down on the clues for next year so students can finish everything.


100 girl names and 100 boy names


What do you think you'll look like when your 100 years old? This mini plans on staying in shape and still rock a bikini!




Flip a coin 100 times

The bean flip activity is another freebie I found last year on TPT. 

Due to the weather, lots of kiddos at school starting going home early. At the end of the day I had only 13 minis left in class. I may or may not have busted out my song and dance moves to Kidz Bop radio with them the last 30 minutes of the day, just saying...
This sunshine loving, wanna be flip flop wearing girl will be praying for a snow day tomorrow. My eyes are glued to the news and Twitter for updates. It seems we're all stuck in a never ending cycle of cold. Stay warm everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment