Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday

TGIF!!! I thought 3:00 would never get here today. I planned on sharing last week, but my laptop cord going crazy on me combined with days that went on forever put me behind. Here's a quick Five for Friday post on what's been happening in second grade. 
 I ran across this idea on Pinterest for a student shout out box. We have something similar at our school that staff does already. On Friday I pull 5-6 shout outs to read. The student receiving the shout out gets a second grade buck.




Earlier this month, we created heart animals for our bulletin board this month.




Another one of my February faves is our Famous Black American Project. I've always impressed with the quality of work students put into this.

 Be still my techie-loving heart! This mini blew it out of the park by including QR codes on his poster.



A 3rd grade teacher friend of mine, made me a new doorstop for my birthday last week! The previous one I had didn't last long. I love that it's not cupcake themed but still matches the classroom. 



When one of the minis has a birthday, they get this special chair cover. A coworker found this for me at a Dollar Tree a couple of years ago. 





4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog that I found on Five For Friday this week. I love your Famous Black American projects. The QR Code for Bill Cosby was pretty awesome. Have a great weekend!
    Lori
    Mrs. Ross's Science Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Five for Friday.
    Love your heart animals! They are too cute.

    You're in Garland? I'm from Irving, but I'm living and teaching English in Korea this year. It's been a great adventure.

    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lori We're a QR Code loving class this year. All the possibilities with it are amazing!
    @Angela Yes ma'am I'm a Garland girl. Have fun in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having fun in Korea! Thank you! I enjoyed reading your blog and am glad you joined the bloggy world. In fact, I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! Hop on over to my blog and follow the directions to accept it.

    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete