Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ignite 14-Wednesday

Happy Thursday everyone! I had every intention of blogging about the last day of Ignite when I came home yesterday, but the urge for a nap won that battle. I'd set the timer on my iPad for 45 minutes. I woke up TWO hours later, eeek!
I've got to take a few seconds to brag on my teacher friend Darla who attended the conference with me. Darla is an amazing Kinder teacher who blew me away with what she learned! I gave her a challenge of tweeting 3 times Wednesday, and she went above and beyond. Not only did she tweet, but I wake up to a text learning she created a blog! Way to go friend!
Ignite is a technology based conference, but the main idea of Wednesday was to build relationships. Technology will always be there, make that a second priority.
My favorite quote from the day, "Everyone deserves the opportunity to be a part of something great."

Remember what I said Tuesday about starting small? That's all it takes folks. Make it your goal next school year to try 1 or 2 new things.
Since this week has been all about the techie love I did discover one new app called Number Pieces Basic. It's simple and no fuss yet effective. Place value, addition, subtraction, skip counting, etc. So many ideas and uses for this app! The fact that it's free makes it even better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment