Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ignite 14

Happy Tuesday, y'all! I have the privilege of attending the Texas ASCD's Ignite conference again this year! There were so many amazing things that happened and I learned today. I'll quickly share some highlights and thoughts from today.
1. Technology doesn't take the place of the teacher- Technology is meant to enhance teaching. No computer or device will ever beat face to face interaction. I know sometimes all the techie resources available can be overwhelming. Start small. Try 1 or 2 new techie resources in your classroom and build from there.
2.  The best quote I heard today came from this morning's discussion panel. "Positivity is a powerful character trait." Nobody likes to hang around with a Debbie Downer.
3. Hooray, I won a prize in one of the sessions today! 
4. I'd never heard of Kagan products until today. My first session of the day was AMAZING! Any session that gets teachers up and active gets a thumbs up from me. Movement in the classroom is just as important as curriculum.I wish there was a link I could share with you that included the handout we received. Visit Kagan Online to learn more. Carve out some time to explore everything the website has to offer, I promise it'll be time well spent. 
5. Lunch at The Cheesecake Factory-Need I say more?
6. If you aren't already on Twitter make an account and get connected. I got to see my teacher friend's eyes light up while creating an account today! Create a teacher account and stay active. 
Following a hashtag from a Twitter chat is a great way to make connections and learn something new. The Mac Daddy of list of all Twitter chat's can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment