Friday, August 29, 2014

Five For Friday- First Week of School

Happy Friday friends!! Sometimes I was convinced this first week of school would NEVER end, but it did and I'm ready to relax this extended weekend. I always forget these first few weeks can wear a teacher out. My new set of minis don't have that automatic independence yet, but I know they'll get there soon. I can't wait to watch them grow and learn this year!
It's time for another week of Five For Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching. After this post I'll head out to celebrate the first week down with yummy sushi.



For the first time ever I got sent back to school flowers! Two of my married teacher friends get them all the time, and I've always secretly hoped to get my own. Well, this year I did woohoo! Hopefully I don't kill them too fast.




Thursday my school had our V.I.P. night for parents. During this time we go over grade level procedures and routines. I share a little bit about myself and some of my favorite things. Anyone who knows me well will tell you I LOVE anything red velvet. A+ for the day to the parents who sent their minis with red velvet donuts this morning! 

I'm impressed with how organized the minis are already. Each group has their own storage crate and supply caddy. I'll blog more about this system later when I do a classroom organization post.


Part of our Fun Friday is the estimation jar. The jar is filled with some sort of yummy treat and everyone in the class writes down their guess for the number of items inside. Whoever is the closest without going over or guesses the exact amount get to take the jar with any extras home. Everyone gets at least one of what is inside. We'll continue this part of Fun Friday until everyone gets an opportunity to take the jar home.


I finally got around to hanging up my fabulous new sign I won from The Daily Alphabet in a recent giveaway she had! If you're interested in your own, check out DL Designs on Etsy.

Don't forget to link up and share what's been happening with you this week!

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to get flowers AND red velvet donuts in one week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the secretary called and said I had flowers in the office I thought she was joking!

      Delete