Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I-Time Tub

Happy Hump Day everyone! Let's talk intervention time shall we? It's the perfect time of day we have set aside to work with minis in small groups. No phone calls, everything flows smoothly, and there are never interruptions right? Um, how about a big fat NO! It is just me or does it seem like chaos can develop when intervention time is about to start?
I started thinking of ways I could still meet with my small groups while still giving some of my other minis a chance to still do meaningful activities. After one trip to Five Below the I-Time tub was born.
I wanted to have another option for my intervention students besides computer work or reading a book. Computer programs are great, but they will never take the place of teacher interaction. Some days I discover one or two students may need more or less time with me depending on their needs. 
Here's a quick rundown of what's currently in the I-Time tub.

We love the different Candy Land games from Mel D.  Mel has a fantastic variety of Candy Land games for both reading and math to fit your needs. The games are easy to play and engaging at the same time.
Fluency With a Twist is always entertaining. I created this product not only to help with fluency, but also reading with expression.
Zinger!  file folder games are also a rotation for the I-Time tub. Minis practice spelling and phonics with a partner or alone. All that's needed is a bag/small bucket and a timer. Here are two minis playing Zinger! R Controlled Vowels.

Amy Lemons always has amazing products. We're currently in love with the Spin On math stations.  I decided to make the stations into file folder games to save on copies. Who knew a paper clip could make math so engaging?

Fluency has been a big focus in the last couple of weeks. Christina DeCarbo has created fluency passages that also help with comprehension.
There are more rotating activities that I'll hopefully blog about later. I'd love suggestions on additional things to add. 
Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment