Monday, June 17, 2013

Ignite 13 Day 1

This week I'm fortunate enough to attend the Ignite 13 conference in Frisco, Tx. Today was day 1 and my mind is still trying to soak up all the wonderful information I learned! The morning kicked off with the keynote speaker, Lee Crockett. This was my first time to hear him speak at a conference. I can honestly say he is one of the best I've heard at any conference/workshop hands down. He was engaging, humorous, and gave attendees time to chat and share with each other.
If your on Twitter I highly recommend following him. The man was seriously on fire! The 90 minutes of his presentation held my attention from start to finish.

The morning session I attended included working with some fabulous apps I'd never heard of before. My favorites were Nearpod and Educreations. Nearpod is a free app for iPad. Teachers can create presentations accessible with a pin. You can monitor students paying attention, create polls, and set up options for students to collaborate. I loved working with this app! At one point in the session, teachers did a quick demonstation.
Obviously my iPad writing skills need some work.
Educreations is another free app for iPad. With this app you can turn your iPad into an interactive whiteboard. Sadly I couldn't capture any pictures of the examples we did, but you can browse shared videos either through the app or website. I love this example:


The afternoon session I attended was equally awesome. I could blog about it, or I could just give you the awesome link. You'll need iTunes to view this if you don't already have an account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment