Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ignite Day 2

Silly me, I didn't realize my previous post about Ignite Day 1 was all kinds of crazy with the video I posted. That's what I get for writing a post on very little sleep and no caffeine! I fixed the problem and got plenty of sleep for the second day of fun and learning. Sadly, I forgot to take pics of today. *face palm* I will get plenty of sleep AND take pictures tomorrow! On to the events of the day...
The morning started with more yummy breakfast provided and a panel discussion on BYOD. For those of you unfamiliar with BYOD it stands for Bring Your Own Device. While sitting in this panel I was chatting about possibilities with my principal and coworker. I can't wait until the school year starts so we can start implementing some of the amazing ideas we heard discussed. I found a Pinterest board with some great resources to get started.
Walk the Talk was the morning session I attended. I love the included link to the site with the presentation.

During the day I went back and forth on Twitter between the hashtags #ignite13 and #iplza13 for iPadpalooza. I wish I could have been in both places at once today. I loved seeing all the fabulous, fired up tweets today! The rest of the day was filled with more yummy food and fun with Educreations and iMotion. I  felt like a kid in a candy store with iMotion. If you haven't tried it you'll love it!

I think this video sums up today nicely, and helps remind me of why I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment