Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Linky Parties and New Year Randomness

Out with the old and in with the new! Does anyone else feel like 2013 zipped by us? I can't wait for all the possibilities of 2014.
I've been having an amazing time during the break! I think most of the fun was not waking up at 6:00 am! Sadly I have a weird internal alarm clock that didn't let me sleep past 7:30 but I won't complain too much. 

While finishing up Christmas shopping a few weeks ago with my  mom, I spotted these boots in Macy's. They were the deal of the day for only $19.99. I'd previously mentioned there wasn't much on my Christmas list this year. I told my mom I didn't want anything either, but when I saw these boots I couldn't resist. Mom and I are the same shoe size so luckily we each have our own pair. 
A friend wanted me to take a picture of the boots since I couldn't stop raving about them so I did. I normally don't take random boot pictures in restaurants I promise! 

 No break would be complete without a visit to Sprinkles; one of my favorite cupcake places! Sadly the ATM wasn't working on the day of my visit. I ended up going inside to get a cupcake for later, and visited the ice cream shop for the first time. Salted caramel ice cream in a red velvet waffle cone is soooo delicious. It was so delicious it ended up being too much for me to finish.

A friend and I had a great time at a New Year's Eve party! For whatever reason we couldn't wait to get our tiaras and noisemakers.
Do you know what I find so funny about NYE parties? There's all this excitement leading up to midnight then after it's over your left thinking now what?
We had Texas shaped waffles this morning for breakfast. I'm too easily entertained and fascinated with random things like this.

On to the linky fun...
The first link is from Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for January currently
Listening: I brought home our class pet Ricky Bobby over the break. Don't get me wrong I love the little guy but sometimes he tests my patience! He's had plenty to eat with fresh water in his cage yet he's still squeaking like he's starving. I think he misses the attention he gets from the minis at school. Finally he's decided to fall asleep which means I get a break. A sleeping guinea pig is too cute for words.
Loving: Bath and Body Works had a sale on candles and I took advantage. Meet Me In Tahiti smells amazing.
Thinking: It seems there are a million personal and school things I need to do before going back Monday.
Wanting: I've had my current laptop for almost 3 years and it always acts funky when I plug in the adapter to charge. If the adapter is plugged in and I'm doing something the touchpad goes crazy on me making it difficult to hover and click on something.
Needing: Tomorrow is a no excuse gym day. I ate 3 cookies after dinner. That combined with waffles from this morning makes me feel guilty.
Memory and/or Tradition: The time has come to put away Christmas decorations which always makes me a little sad. 

The next link comes from A Peach for the Teach. Yay for discovering new linky parties and blogs! 
Personal: I have a love/hate relationship with working out. At the time I can grumble, but I do appreciate the benefits after it's all done. My goal is to go down one more size this year then start a goal of maintaining a weight.
Professional: I have a bad habit of hanging onto old papers and emails which can pile up quickly. I need to learn to let go of some junk.
Classroom: Currently my minis already do one math station during our weekly rotation, but I'd like to integrate more math stations instead of having them isolated.
Blog: Hopefully within a couple of months I'll have a new blog design!
Just-for-fun: I'd love to try something adventurous like a zip line or rock climbing this year. 




3 comments:

  1. I think we are all thinking about everything we need to do before break is over! I love your NYE top btw- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much I need to do as well! Monday will be here before I know it... AHHHH! I dont seem to have that willpower against eating.... Im trying to find it before Monday tho... because my kiddos like to talk about me... lol.. I hope you have a fantabulous Year!

    Karmen
    Tales from a Naturalista Teacha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My NYE outfit is actually a dress I found a few years ago and have only worn a handful of times. I've must make a Target visit before Monday, ahh!!

    ReplyDelete